Popular Pays, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
The capitalized terms have the same meaning as ascribed in the Creator Terms and Conditions of Service, unless otherwise noted here.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Site and our App.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Popular Pays.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Site or App via the Apple App Store, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Site and/or App.
- When you use our Platform and/or Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you voluntarily share information from your Social Media Provider account.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Site and/ or App.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Site and/or our App, Platform, or Services. By accessing or using our Site and/or our App, Platform, or Services you agree to this Policy.
You should check this Policy frequently for any changes. We reserve the right to modify or amend the terms of our Policy from time to time and you will be notified of such changes by notifications on our Site, and/or App, or by sending you emails informing you of such changes, or by any other reasonable means. Your continued use of our Site and/or our App, Platform, or Services following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes. If we intend to apply the modifications or amendments to this Policy pertaining to Personal Data already in our possession, we will provide you with notice of the modifications or amendments 15 days prior to such modifications or amendments taking effect.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site and/or our App, Platform, or Services is not intended for persons under 13 years of age. No one under the age 13 may create an Account on our Platform, or download our App. If you believe that someone under 13 years of age may have created an Account on our Platform through our Website or App, please let us know by contacting us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site and/ or App, including the following information:
- Account Information. This information is collected when you establish your Account and/or apply to participate in a Gig. Popular Pays collects information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, your Social Media Provider identifiers, including Instagram handle, from which we will also get your basic information from your profile like your name, gender, profile photo, followers, geolocations, information pertaining to a Gig, for example, such as your clothing size when you voluntarily apply for an apparel campaign etc., and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Data“). You may choose not to provide any or all of the Personal Data, however, that may impact your enjoyment of our Platforms and Services.
- Activities on your Account. When you create an account on our Site and/or App, we will collect details of transactions you carry out through our Site and/or App and of the fulfillment of your Gigs.
- Payment Method. At the appropriate time, we will require you to furnish us information for facilitating Payment. Such information will include your account information including routing number, bank information, PayPal information for facilitating Payment, and/or other necessary information. Our payment processing partners facilitate the payment and they may require some tax related information to facilitate such payment. We do not keep your tax information.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you, such as your name, email address, phone numbers, the contents of the message. This also includes information collected from you when you participate in a Gig.
- Information that we collect when you use our Site and/or App.
- Location Information. We collect this information automatically as you navigate through our Site and/or App, through your Internet provider or wireless service provider, whichever applicable.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Site and/or App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site and/or App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site and/or App.
- Information about your computer, mobile device, including the current version of the operating system on your phone, and/or internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Data, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal data we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and/or App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site and/or App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site and/or App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not collect Personal Data automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Data about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- To present our Site and/or App and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To personalize user’s experiences and to provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site and/or App or any services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site and/or App.
- To improve customer experience.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To enable Brand or Agency to search for Creators on our Platform to collaborate with.
- To use for internal purposes, including but not limited to analytics.
- To recommend you to apply to Campaigns, which in no manner means that you will be selected to participate in the Campaigns that are recommended to you to apply.
- NOT TO LIMIT YOU or PREVENT YOU from applying to any Campaign in any manner.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties, such as our payment processing partners, we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Popular Pay’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Popular Pays about our Site and/or App users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Popular Pays, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Data you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Data unless we provide you with advance notice. However, this does not include website hosting partners and other third parties who assist us in operating our Site and/ or App, conducting our business, or servicing, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected].
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Data by logging into the Site and/or App and visiting your Account page.
You may also send us an e-mail at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Data that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Data except by also deleting your Account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your Account from our Site, App, or Platform, copies of your Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site or App users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site or App, including Content, is governed by our Creator Terms and Conditions of Service.
European Union Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request, which may be Personal Data, for example, if we need to verify your identity or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision.
To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Information” section of this policy.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging into your service account. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Portability: You have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, it may limit your ability to use some/ all of our Services or Platform and you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services and Platform.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
GDPR for European Union Individuals
We intend to fully comply with the letter and spirit of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We will not transport your Personal Data for processing outside of Europe without your permission. You can ask us to stop transporting your Personal Data for processing outside of Europe at any time and we will do so. But, if you do so, you will not be able to use our Services. You can ask us at any time for your Personal Data that we maintain on you and we will give you such information. You can ask us to delete the Personal Data that we maintain on you and we will do so. But, if you do so, you will not be able to use our Services.
If you have any concerns or questions, please email them to [email protected]
Pursuant to the aforementioned GDPR “right to file a complaint,” EU individuals should visit http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm to locate your data protection authority and file a complaint.
How long we retain your Personal Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data.
Your California Privacy Rights
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your Personal Data. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site and/or App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or write us at 130 S Jefferson St, 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60661.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site and/or App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Site and/or App. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site and/or App.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield And Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield For Data Transfers To The U.S.
We have self-certified to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield frameworks set forth by the U.S Department of Commerce with respect to collection, use and retention of data that we receive from you. For more information, see our Privacy Shield Notice. We may process some personal data from individuals or companies via other compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, refer to https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
[email protected] or 130 S Jefferson St, 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60661
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU USE OUR SITE, APP, PLATFORM AND/OR OUR SERVICES OR PARTICIPATE IN A GIG, YOU HAVE AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN OUR CREATOR TERMS AND CONDITION OF SERVICE AND VISITOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY OR THE CREATOR TERMS AND CONDITION OF SERVICE, OR VISITOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR PLATFORM OR OUR SERVICES, OR ESTABLISH AN ACCOUNT, OR PARTICIPATE IN A GIG.